[Rhodes22-list] Question for Brad about Iraq Information (political)

Herb Parsons HParsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 11 04:00:52 EDT 2007

I think you'd find that those interred Japanese citizens were not part of that "consensus". Do you really believe that his actions TODAY would have achieved the same consensus?

We can't even get agreement among the rabble-rousers when we inter foreigners (NOT U.S. Citizens) whom we believe to be the enemy. Imagine the lack of consensus were we to imprison US Citizens because of their race.

Sorry, FDR did not achieve "consensus" because of his noble actions, he achieved it because he was dealing with a different mindset among the populace.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> <DCLewis1 at aol.com> 07/10/07 5:29 PM >>>

No Herb, I didn't really mean 100%.  Heck roughly 20% of the American
population is against anything - you pick the subject.  But by all  accounts he
really did work to build a consensus, even as the situation in  Europe and Asia
was deteriorating - and even as he moved to improve the nations  military
posture (bad as it was).

Dave