[Rhodes22-list] Bashing Bush is fun.

Herb Parsons HParsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 11 23:07:38 EDT 2007

BTW, "personal attack"???

Wow, you considered THAT a "personal attack"? Hardly. And a bit hypocritical when the post is "Bush Bashing is fun" (obviously personal attacking is part of this particular thread).

Far from being a "personal attack", I'd say it was an astute observation, though a little bit off the mark. I simply said "another one who didn't pay attention in civics class". Since you didn't take one, by your admission, you couldn't have paid attention, right?

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> Robert Skinner <robert at squirrelhaven.com> 7/11/2007 8:56 PM >>>
Herb - that was MY point.  Review your exact words.
I know it's a Texas tradition to shoot from the hip,
but I expected more from you, even in the heat of a
diatribe.

Gore got more popular votes.  The electoral college
is an artifact of our republican (small "S") framers'
thinking, and allows politicians of all stripes to
"game" the system.

I didn't have a "civics" class.  I read the Federalist
Papers in their uncut form during several years of
American History classes.

Now knock off the personal attacks.  They do not help
your arguments -- they weaken them.

/Robert
Herb Parsons wrote:

> Another one who didn't pay attention in civics class. Gore didn't get more votes. It's the electoral college that counts.
>
> When you lost at little league games, I bet it was the ref's fault too, right?
>
> Herb Parsons
>
> S/V O'Jure
>   1976 O'Day 25
>   Lake Grapevine, N TX
>
> S/V Reve de Papa
>   1971 Coronado 35
>   Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

> Herb Parsons wrote:
> > Rummy,
> > You didn't pay attention in civics class... you get to go to
> > polls and vote. After all the votes are in, the man who gets
> > the most votes becomes the President of the United States...
>
> So we have Gore as our president?
>
> Stalin said: "Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
> Those who count the votes decide everything."
>
> In case you dispute the quote, see:
>    http://www.votefraud.org/josef_stalin_vote_fraud_page.htm
>
> If you remember the vote, fear for our democracy...
>
> /Robert

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."