[Rhodes22-list] Off-List Reply re. the List

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 10:39:35 EDT 2007

Jim,

I just came back from a family reunion at CC, actually at Port A.  What a site!  Has anyone posted a piece about cruising the Texas coast?

How defensive we get about "ownership" and the likes.  My suggestion is not about changing the flavor of the list, my suggestion is about primary focus.  I made constructive suggestions which would not ruin the list, and would actually attract more of our skippers into the exchange of ideas.  Would you suggest that your son, I assume still an R22 skipper, join the list to help encourage his sailing enthusiasm?  As you know, this is the only R22 owner forum.  The main glue on this list is the R22 and sailing knowledge and experiences within the fleet.  The political exchange, sometimes poison, has a result of creating division.

Of course we can just delete "political" subject lines, or Stan can just not refer newbees to the list, or new or potential skippers can drop off the list, or existing skippers can quit the list, but what if we cooled the tone of the dialogue a tad.

I have preferred to keep this email off list, Jim.  I hope your sailing has been enjoyable, even with the deluge of rains in Texas.

Art