[Rhodes22-list] Bashing Bush is fun.

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 14:36:19 EDT 2007

Personally I would prefer this a political free zone as sailing is the escape
from daily woes and there are plenty of other sites to nit-pik these
political posturings. From the river kayaking community from wence I came,
we posted lots of exciting trip reports, which I wish there were more of
especially for the newbies with general excitement about sailing and the
RHODES 22.

However, since this is a "bar" that I can avoid getting into a physical
fight that might compound my class four river injuries here are some other
perspectives:

1) Had we simply stayed in Afganistan, we realistically would actually have
stabilized that country, the reductionist war cry of 'fight dem der so we we
don't fights dem here' would still work, no one had a problem with our being
there and Bush would would be a hero with big approval ratings.

2) There are influences above politics that 98% of us rarely see and the
media never reports and so all of us get stuck in the polarized squabble
rather than "paying attention to the man behind the curtain".

3)  It is a matter of continual history repeating itself time and time again
that conventional warfare does not work on terrorism, period. It never ever
has and it never ever will.

4) 15 of the 18/19 9-11 terrorists were saudis and the saudis finance al
queda. Bin laden came after America not because he "hates our freedoms",
because he is a wealthier than 95% of americans, but because of presence of
American troops in their holy lands. You will NEVER see Bush or anyone go
after Saudis because if they pulled their wealth from here there would be an
economic crash of biblical proportions. The real CUT AND RUN occurred in
2003 when Bush did buckle to the Saudis and pulled all US soldiers out of
Saudi lands, even though if you want to "blame" a country for 9-11 they
would top the list.

5) Iran does supply arms to Iraq. They are getting those arms from CHINA who
very well knows where they are going. You will NEVER see us go after China
for this because they continually buy and hold the majority of American debt
and if they pulled that plug you would see that biblical economic crash
again.

6) You will now see a huge attempt to blitz on "things going ever so right
in Iraq' because the 'bush republicans' are barely holding it together with
regular defections (another occurred yesterday), but by the end of August
you will see an exodus that will look like someone sprayed raid on an ant
hill.

7) The country is just beginning to wake up that this group that hijacked
the republican party has shown nothing but incompetence and disrespect for
the law, and every and I mean every crystal ball prediction has been wrong,
will continue the definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over
expecting different results) until stopped.

9) Does it really take an expert to know that when attacked the FIRST thing
you do is secure your borders and if we stopped illegal immigration and
kicked out every illegal immigrant for violating the law there would be that
damn economic collapse again.

10) Our fine National Guard should be doing just that, guarding the Nation.
If we are going to war we should declare it so per the constitution and
institute a draft showing our commitment of our sons and daughters blood.
If we don;t have the stomach for that we don;t get to go on preemptive war
parties to blow things up.