[Rhodes22-list] Squirrels - Political for Robert

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 07:30:22 EDT 2007

Bet you never thought I could link your hobby to politics.  Well, here it
is.  These people are nuts (forgive me). Go to the link for a squirrel
photo. Brad

http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/ArticleLayout/CdaArticlePrintPreview/1,2506,L-3425130,00.html

Iranians arrest 14 squirrels for spying

Islamic Republic's intelligence agents allege rodents were carrying advanced
Western spy gear
Dudi Cohen

 Iranian intelligence operatives recently detained over a dozen squirrels
found within the nation's borders, claiming the rodents were serving as
spies for Western powers determined to undermine the Islamic Republic.

"In recent weeks, intelligence operatives have arrested 14 squirrels within
Iran's borders," state-sponsored news agency IRNA reported. "The squirrels
were carrying spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they
could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services."

Iranian police commander Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moqadam confirmed the report, saying
that a number of squirrels had been caught bearing foreign spy gear within
Iran's borders.

"I heard of this but I have no specific knowledge on the subject," he said.
He refused to give further details.

Recently, Iran has increased its efforts in combating espionage by the West.
The use of rodents has not been documented in the past.