[Rhodes22-list] Economics - More Good News

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 22:21:47 EDT 2007

Stan,

I'm sure your daughter knows this stuff better than any of  us, but

National debt/deficit - synonyms;  see
_http://www.investorwords.com/3201/National_Deficit.html_ (http://www.investorwords.com/3201/National_Deficit.html)
although I've seen some literature that would make me think the deficit is
the difference between revenue and expenditures, and debt is the portion of
that  deficit that's made up by borrowing - another portion of the deficit can be
made  up, for example, by just printing $.

Comparison figures for the same years for the national debt and deficit: I
think Brad posted the PROJECTED INCREASE to the national debt, not the
national debt.  The national debt is many trillions of dollars.   Additionally, I
don't think his numbers represent intergovernmental borrowing  (i.e. borrowing
from the Soc Sec funds) which are substantial for each  year. For quantitative
chronological info re the national debt  see:
_http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm_
(http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm)

Dave