[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift and whisker pole

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jul 18 09:56:59 EDT 2007

Rory,
We have a pad eye on the front of the mast and have always used the
whisker pole without a topping lift to pole out the genoa or the UPS.
Seems to work fine. We have more of a problem with the pole rising
than anything else - that and bringing everything in if the wind
builds. I've attached a picture of a twin headsail experiment from a
year or two ago coming back from Baltimore with the wind behind us.
That was well under 10 knots and we moved right along without rolling too much.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD