[Rhodes22-list] Topping lift and whisker pole

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 19 08:39:35 EDT 2007

At 09:49 PM 7/18/2007, Dave wrote:
>Is the pad eye on your mast also used to raise and lower your mast?

Nope - much too low to be of any use there. We use the aft lowers to
the crane to raise and lower. I think it would have to be about 5 or
6 feet off the deck to be of any use in mast-raising - and very well
attached as it would be almost a direct pull. As it is on our boat
the lowers attach to the spreader fitting which is  bolted through the mast.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD