[Rhodes22-list] Raising the Mast without a Crane

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Jul 19 11:44:51 EDT 2007

At 11:34 AM 7/19/2007 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:

>I loosen the bolt that attaches the mast to the tabernackle, but I never  had
>to do anything special to lower it to the bow. This method does require a
>third person to handle the forestay and genny on the ground.

So you don't have a problem with the mast trying to scoot backwards
as it lowers?  I thought you needed to have the bolt in place the
base wouldn't go walking.  But then again, I've done this exactly,
let's seee.... once ;-)  I'll definitely give that a try this winter
when she comes out.

Cheers!

John Lock