[Rhodes22-list] Raising the Mast without a Crane

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Jul 19 14:14:21 EDT 2007

At 01:55 PM 7/19/2007 -0400, Rob Lowe wrote:
>John,
>Yes, I believe you posted a picture of yours at one time and it is
>different.  Mine is just a bottom plate with two sides that the mast fits in
>between.  The mast bolts through the plates and a hole in the mast which it
>allows it to rotate both for and aft.  you can almost see it in the second
>photo here.

Yup, that is much different than mine (which is pictured on
http://www.pandion.com/rhodes22/photos/mast-base.jpg)  Now I
understand Rummy's method even better and why you only need to loosen
the bolt, but it may not work so well for me.  Won't know until I try it.

I guess that's another result of my non-standard rig.  In any case,
if the forward-oriented mast raising/lowering works better, I'll need
to reverse the base plate so it can hinge forward.

Cheers!

John Lock