[Rhodes22-list] Mast Crane and DC Happy Hour

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 20:30:37 EDT 2007

Slim, Dave, Hank,
I posted earlier on this.  The crane acts as a lever arm as well as a winch.  You can accomplish the same aim if you attach an approx 72" long pipe to the base of the mast and the lines from mast (from aft lower side stays, from a bail attached to the mast, from a halyard -doesn't matter) to the opposite end.  The motive power is from the boom vang type pulley set (the main sheet rig will do) attached between this same opposite end of pipe and the forward chain plate at the bow.  I made one up for Luis when he was having mast problems this Spring.  You want the pipe securely attached to the mast, just as Slim emphasizez the security of the connection of the crane to the deck block.  Call me if confused 404 295-7777.
Art