[Rhodes22-list] John Belinger, the Viking?

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jun 1 07:14:36 EDT 2007

John,

    I am only trowing salt.  I have no control over your staying.  I was
just pointing out that you could have gotten a Rhodes if you had the
gumption to do so.  Peter gave a decent hull away.  Just required a bit of
work.

    You expect to find Rhodes in Texas?  Those that have found Rhodes 22's
snapped them up where ever, for the most part, have gone 500, 1000 and 3000
miles.  They have exercised gumption.

     Any boat is only worth what a willing buyer is willing to pay and the
distance he is willing to go.

     Alternatively, if you want to get on the water, any boat that does not
sink before you get back to dock does that.  If that boat does that for you,
go for it.  Enjoy life, have some fun.

     If you put all the jabber about boat repair found on this list to work,
you can make any boat a good boat.  And the practice of fixing a boat can
help you understand boats better.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
    http://www.nabble.com/file/p10910914/hagar%2B7.gif hagar+7.gif

      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.”  Mark Twain