[Rhodes22-list] Blue Ridge Parkway in June...

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Mon Jun 4 21:21:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for bringing those sights to mind, Ed.

When I lived in Pennsylvania and Maryland, I often
drove the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway
from Front Royal, VA to Cherokee, NC and continued
on to Gatlinburg, TN via Maggie Valley and Cade's
Cove.  Just beautiful in both early summer and fall.

On the right coast, only Route 100 in Vermont holds
a candle to the Blue Ridge, and I'd have to give
the medal to the southern route.

Thanks again,
/Robert
Tootle wrote:

> Attached are some pictures of the Blue Ridge Parkway on its southern part
> between 3500 and 5000 foot level.
>
> These are posted for lowlanders who think the only time to travel the
> southern Appalachians is fall.
>
> http://www.romanticasheville.com/drives.htm
>
> http://www.romanticasheville.com/Craggy.htm
>
> The section pictured is a little over one hour north of Greenville between
> NC 191 and NC 215.
>
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p10961440/Native%2BAzelia.JPG Native+Azelia.JPG