[Rhodes22-list] A very strange sailing accident. Very sad.

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 09:15:43 EDT 2007

Rummy,

How sad.......I am sure the father is second guessing his decision and I
really feel for the family.  Soloing with a 3 year old in a boat that can
flip over and sink is quite risky.  Even in something like a Sunfish
(unsinkable) this is still not a real safe idea. In my opinion toddlers
require a dedicated adult other than the skipper.  If something bad happens
one person can handle the boat and the second can provide rescue. Man what a
tragedy.

Wally