[Rhodes22-list] NEW RHODES OWNER

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 13 07:45:34 EDT 2007

At 11:48 PM 6/12/2007, you wrote:
>I JUST TOOK MY NEW-TO-ME RHODES OUT FOR THE FIRST SAIL SUNDAY. IT
>HAD BEEN SITTING UNUSED FOR 3 YEARS AND NEEDS SOME REVITALIZING. I
>DID FINALLY GET THE FURLERS LOOSENED UP AND GOT BOTH SAILS OUT. I'M
>CONCERNED ABOUT THE WRINKLES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MAINSAIL. IS THIS NORMAL?

Diane, If you have had the main furled for 3 years it may have been
put away with the wrinkles -happens sometimes - not usually an issue.
If the sailcloth is good, it shouldn't be a problem.

>AND IS THERE A WAY TO REFINISH THE CABIN HATCH DOOR? I'M NOT SURE
>WHAT IT IS REALLY MADE OUT OF.

Depends on your hatch. Most I've seen are starboard or an acrylic.
Starboard shouldn't need anything, you can polish the acrylic. If
it's plywood, you can clean it and put a wood finish on it but if it
has a veneer, you can't really sand it. I don't know how it would
hold up. We cleaned and then varnished our plywood table and it looks
great but it's stored out of the sun.

>LASTLY, I DIDN'T GET THE TABLE OR HATCH PEDESTALS. CAN THEY BE
>REPLACED FROM GENERAL BOATS

General Boats has them.

Welcome aboard.

Mary Lou