[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Alice Weisz

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jun 13 08:03:32 EDT 2007

Alice:

     The issue of a 27 foot sailboat has been around longer than this list.
In fact the boat under discussion has been around longer than this list.

      The first issue is using the term 'Rhodes 27'.  Phillip Rhodes died in
the 1970's.  And I believe that his son Brodie has departed also.  There
will be no more Rhodes boats honestly labeled.

      The 27 foot boat under consideration can only be called the Spitzer 27
or maybe the Spitzer Gozzard 27.  While both are expert on small boats,
neither is a licensed Naval Architech.  There lies a hiden issue in todays
world.

       However, a 27 foot sailboat exists and it can be copied and modified.
Therein is Stan's dream.

       As to the question of market, maybe you can do the market feasibilty
analsis?  We would all be interested in your study.

       Feel free to study the archives.  This project has been known as the
Hampton Rhodes in the past, also the 26, and a few more terms.  If you
would, give a report.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA