[Rhodes22-list] Diane Russell about pictures of rigging

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jun 15 07:23:30 EDT 2007

Diane:

	We have many Rhodes owners on the forum.  Some monitor list regularly and
some make cameo appearances.  You asked a question about if we have pictures
of rigging.  Well, you are about six months late.  One of our senior members
of the list has many picture of rigging, mast, traveler, etc. on his
personal web site.  In the high tech computer world, all things self
destruct or just die of age…  Captain Rummy recently informed the list that
his site where he all sort of rigging pictures posted for inquiries such as
yours has ceased to exist.

 	I appreciate your vigor that you are bringing to this forum.

	I have tried to get others to help newbies find information.  I have tried
to get Mark Putnam to direct and help fellow sailors find historical
information.  He has taken the holier than thou approach.  May he rest in
peace.  I will give you a tool that I have posted to this forum many times.
The tool is based on the fact that our host, Captain Michael Meltzer saves
past discussions in the archives.  Here is a search tool:

http://www.ask.com/web?q=stringer+repair+site%3Arhodes22.org+&qsrc=1&o=0&l=dir

Many others have benefited from this tool and know how to use it.  I would
hope that a few might give you pointers in its use.

You noticed that Captain Bob Keller posted to the list.  Do you know how to
see where Bob calls home port?  I had hoped that others would have told you
about this tool:

http://www.frappr.com/rhodes22

We need some new enthusiastic spirit that I hope you can provide.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA