[Rhodes22-list] Ed's Book Challenge

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:15:21 EDT 2007

Ed,

First, allow me to make a correction to an earlier post.  I misspelled
Jonathan Raban's name.  It is R-A-B-A-N, not Rabin.  Also, his book about
his Mississippi River trip is "Old Glory".  "Hunting Mr. Heartbreak" is more
of a Heat-Moon "Blue Highways" adventure (that is what happens when you
quote from 50 year old memory).

Here are some of my favorite sailing and boating stories in no particular
order.

"Maiden Voyage" by Tania Aebi

"My Old Man and the Sea" by David and Daniel Hays

"The Perfect Storm" by Sebastian Junger

"Airborne", and "Atlantic High" by William F Buckley

"1421:The Year China Discovered America" by Gaven Menzies

"Longitude" by Jack Griffin

"The Proving Ground" by G Bruce Knect

"The Wayward Sailor" by Anthony Dalton

There are probably lots of other good ones that I've "loaned" and were never
returned to their home library just as I have some that are "borrowed".  I'm
not as anal about keeping track of books since running out of bookshelf
space.  Besides, books are supposed to be read rather than collect dust.

Brad