[Rhodes22-list] Thoughts on motor-sailing

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Jun 19 17:45:04 EDT 2007

John,

I think you just discovered the latest energy saving craze - hybrid
boating!!  Now, if we just automated it a bit, the motor could start
automatically to fill in for the wind.  Maybe we could use one of those
electric trolling motors that were being discussed a while back instead of
the outboard as an assist.  We could even use solar electric power and
regenerative braking with such a setup!!

Naw, nevermind.  I still just like sailing, even when there's no wind.
That's when it is time to put up the bimini (or anchor shade) and just kick
back and have a pint, swig or whatever.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY