[Rhodes22-list] Going green

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 11:10:05 EDT 2007

its time may finally be here. your employer may have a tax benefit. keep you posted.

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:  John,

I like the guys attitude, "better to ask forgiveness than permission". He
may wish he'd done so, however, if the committee decides to play hardball.
I've read similar accounts of homeowners making drastic cuts in their
electric bills using solar panels. My own employer installed a vast array
on our Oakland hub but I haven't read an analysis of the economic payback on
that project. Of those I have read, the payback was in the 7 to 10 year
range, same as geothermal. That is far enough down the road that most
consumers won't adapt the technology unless electric rates go much higher.
I like solar. I'd like it a lot more if the price of the panels came down.

Brad