[Rhodes22-list] Going green

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 13:17:19 EDT 2007

sounds like one of those 19th century prize problems. how much is it worth to solve this problem. wheres an MIT guy when you need one. got to be more energy in that stuff than nicads have. forgive me but exactly how hot is hot. can you heat hot water with it. glow in the dark shower anyone?

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:  Depleted fuel means that it can no longer be processed or used for energy
production. It will remain hot for thousands of years and at present cannot be
stored safely. We simply do not have the means to deal with it for it's life.
Until we do, we shouldn't be contributing to an already huge problem. Federal
law mandated that proper storage would be in place before any nuclear power
reactors were built for energy production. You can see we are already behind
the 8 ball.

Rummy