[Rhodes22-list] Flight fee: Mastercard; Fun factor: Priceless

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 23:54:13 EDT 2007

Hi, Bunch,

The head is off the porch & back in Edenton where it
belongs. We flew down to Edenton Fri, made our
delivery, landed at two other airports for landing
practice before heading home. Got a look at the R26
prototype...if Stan were taking names I'd have mine on
the list.....

 Rose & Stan were really tickled that we actually flew
down just to deliver the head!

The 3.5 hr drive (one way) only took 1 hr 19 sec
...but we had a 10K tail wind.....

It's been a while since I'd been up in a small
aircraft; I'd forgotten what fun it is...it was fairly
gusty; we bounced around pretty much which gave me a
pretty high 'oops' factor when photographing....

Any Alan Parsons fans around? Two on his songs popped
into my head on the first leg of the trip: Closer to
Heaven & Blue Blue Sky...very apropos....

Anyhoo...here are some non-estrogen photos. Thought
you'd like to see some VA from the air.....They're a
bit hazy as I'd forgotten my polarizing filter...but
Photoshop did a good job of removing most of
it...drat....

(One of these days I'll get to go sailing!)

Photos:

1. GBI from the air (I think it should stand for Great
Boats International!Frazier Scott..your boat is at the
end of the loading dock (lower right) being prepped
for delivery the next day....the guys were all over it
making sure everything was just right.

2. Beautiful Downtown Edenton

3. The fleet at Jamestown...notice the unusual mooring
system...

the last four I will put in the next email..

elle