[Rhodes22-list] Iraq - It is still there!

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:19:01 EDT 2007

John,

Korea and Vietnam were both part of the Cold War against communism.  The war
was worth fighting even if the battlefields were poorly chosen (I sleep with
a commie and she and her friends will tell you that communism wasn't much
fun).  Remember Kennedy's "bear any cost, pay any price" speech? Maybe we
need some more JFK vision. The new 'ism' wants to take us back to the 7th
Century.  They are not bluffing, we saw that in Afghanistan. We can choose
to tolerate 'acceptable' losses, ie, a Twin Towers every now and then, or
attempt to change the whole paradigm of the Middle East.  What version of
'peace settlement' are we on now? What if we just blew up Israel ourselves
and spared them the trouble and expense.  Would they be happy and live in
peace?  The Germans finally got it as well as the Japanese.  If the Muslim
world can't get it then we better hunker down and forget all the PC
bullshit.  The current administration will be gone soon enough.  The enemy
doesn't give a shit who is elected next anymore than termites care who lives
in the house they are eating.  The press is no help, they think they are the
unelected leaders.  I don't have the answers, but we are in the  second week
of the largest battle of the current war since 2003 and the MSM isn't paying
attention.  Why would the average citizen.

Sheeple!  Baaaaaaah!

Brad