[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Slim (Politics - Government 101)

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:33:21 EDT 2007

Ed, I guess maybe we should define "boss". In my way of thinking the "boss"
is the person(s) who can fire you. The only way to "fire" the VP is
impeachment. It requires votes from both the House and Senate. First only a
member of the House can initiate impeachment; this can be done without
existing indictment. From there it goes to Judiciary Committee and then to
House (requires majority) vote.The VP presides over no-executive impeachment
proceedings in the Senate. The Chief Justice would preside over Pres and VP
impeachments.The Senate needs a 2/3 vote. The Senate can not initiate
impeachment proceedings. The VP is not his own "boss" in that the President
can't certainly decide to force the VP out for "party" interests. All
elected officials work for us the humble tax payers. It is interesting to
note that originally the VP was the runner up in the Presidential election.
It is pretty obvious why this didn't last long.

AC race 3 just started!

Wally