[Rhodes22-list] Question, Political, war in Iraq.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 12:17:21 EDT 2007

Rummy,

For the most recent events start here:  http://www.michaelyon-online.com/

Start with "Drilling for Justice" and work backward in time. Yon is probably
the best freelance embed in the theater and he's pretty unbiased.  He covers
both the successes and failures. Most of the MSM use stringers and never
leave the  Green Zone.  A lot of the MSM embeds have proven to be so hostile
to the effort that units won't allow them anymore.  Yon is objective.

Here is another good source:  billroggio.com

You can sort through hundreds of milblogs but you only get piecemeal insight
of a whatever small part of the theater that particular blogger is
experiencing.  I follow a couple of blogs daily, powerlineblog.com and
instapundit.com that link to reports, good and bad, as they become
available.  I still read newspapers daily but find their reporting so
distorted as to be useless for actually knowing what is happening.  Every
time there is an aviation accident I'm appalled at the inaccurate and
sophomoric news coverage.  This war is no different.

Brad