[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Luis, Bob and those who believe that the extreme islamists understand peace

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jun 27 07:58:28 EDT 2007

Reply to Luis, Bob and those who believe that the extreme islamists
understand peace:

Luis said, “I think that this war is creating even more people willing to
die to take out a few Americans.  The level of hate for Americans just keeps
increasing the longer we are there.”

You need to consider the volume potential of terrorist and level of hate if
the terrorist are not restrained.  I would suggest that if they were not
challenged by the USA that they would be unrestrained from promoting their
style terrorism throughout the world.  Again, what would be the number of
crazies if they were unrestrained.

Yes the level of hate for Americans is increasing among terrorist because we
quash their ambitions.  However, there are many who support us until they
have no choice with a gun to their head.

Bob,

You advocate peace.  Your position has analogies in history.  One analogy
was Neville Chamberland yielding to A. Hitler.  What were the results?
Again I post the following(previously posted to this forum in 2001):

“In Germany they first came for the Communists
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
 Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists
     and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics
     and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
 Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

 --The Reverend Martin Niemöller, a pastor in the German Confessing Church
who spent seven years in a concentration camp.

The point is that you cannot always take the ostrich approach and stick your
head in the sand.  Unfortunately, sometime you have to kill the son of a
bitch before he kills you.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA