[Rhodes22-list] rhodes 17 for sale - This is time for more info from the maker of Picnic 17

Peter Trovato petermetro at email.com
Thu Jun 28 09:04:26 EDT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: stan
  To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
  Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] rhodes 17 for sale - This is time for
  more info from the maker of Picnic 17
  Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:39:20 -0400

  OK:

  it was designed by ss and Nils Lucander, then unknown, today does
  have a NA
  reputation.

  they were built for GB by outside contractors from KS to Nova Scotia
  during
  the early sixties.
  about 300 were sold.

  this particular boat was built in the sixties and its e-Bay claims
  are
  inaccurate.

  It may be worth the price for its antique value. Roger Macgregor
  tells me
  it inspired his current skiing sailboat since the Picnic was
  advertised as a
  sailboat and a motor boat with some ads showing it with a steering
  wheel and
  35 HP motor
  pulling two skiers. It also came with an inboard jet motor but proved
  too
  noisy and hard to back up.

  ss