[Rhodes22-list] Iran

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:06:56 EDT 2007

There is some hope that Iran is not as big a threat as it seems.  This week,
with no notice, President Amadinnerjacket imposed a gas rationing on it's
citizens.  Even though Iran is rich in oil, they have too few refineries to
fulfill it's need so they have to import gasoline.  When the rationing was
announced the populace revolted with rioting, burning gas stations,
disrupting ...well, everything.

You don't have to take my word for it, but it's my understanding that the
vast majority of Iranian citizens hate their President.  They know he's a
scoundrel, a liar, corrupt and evil.  But they're all afraid to speak out
for fear of being imprisoned, tortured, killed, their families too.  As a
matter of fact, Iranian citizens are very moderate, modern, educated and
forward-thinking people.  Most of them admire America and wish they lived
here.  I can only back this up with the anecdotal evidence of Iranians that
I have met and talked with here in the US.  They worry a great deal about
their relatives back home.

The point being that I think it's really good news that the people have
finally risen up in protest of their government.  This may be the start of
something good.

Slim