[Rhodes22-list] Iraq-It Is Still There

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 13:14:29 EDT 2007

It’s interesting that we’re starting to hear more and more about the
terrible threat Iran poses. To me, the Iranian stories parallel a ramp-up in
internal US propaganda prior to the invasion of Iraq. For example we hear that  Iran
is sending IED materials to Iraq - and that’s certainly a terrible  thing.
Oh, and they have WMD!

Interesting story, I think it appeared in Mondays WSJ, if memory  serves it
was the top story on pg A6, - you will NEVER GUESS who’s harboring,
sponsoring, and supplying terrorists in Iraq that move across the border to do  their
dirty deeds in Iran in an effort to destabilize the Iranian  government.   Well,
maybe you would guess.  I’ve found a related  editorial on the web using the
search terms MeK WSJ, you may find other  material:
_http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/06/25/why-iran-us-stand-far-apart/?mod=hpp
_us_blogs_
(http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2007/06/25/why-iran-us-stand-far-apart/?mod=hpp_us_blogs)

It’s OK if we send terrorists and explosives into Iran, but it’s absolutely
NOT OK  if they do it to us - right?

Seems to me we’ve got more than our hands full with Iraq (MilBlogger
optimism about “all the good things happening” notwithstanding).  Cordoning  off the
border to Iran might be a good start, but probing into Iran with
irregulars/terrorists seems like a good way to enlarge a conflict we’re  demonstrably not
winning.  With the ramp-up in internal US propaganda  and our support for
terrorists/irregulars inside Iran,  I’m a little  concerned that enlarging the
conflict is the name of the neocon game.

You might want to read the article at your lib, if you don’t have Mon’s WSJ
handy, as I recall it goes into much more detail than the web link.

DaveL