[Rhodes22-list] Irish Joke for Brad

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:08:02 EST 2007

Slim,

I wish I could remember the name of the bar a half-block from Grand Central
Station ( Bill might know), but there's a great Irish pub where all the
bartenders are all "fresh off the boat".  This is one of my favorites that I
first heard there:

A young Irishman sat at a pub in the New World drinking beer and conversin'

with the barkeep. Another comes in and sits besides him. He says how you do

and hears the lilt and says you be Irish? Yes I am. The first man yells
barkeep give us another round and one for my friend here he's from the
mother
country as well. The second man asks-so where in the old country ye from.
Dublin responds the first. Dublin you say - so am I and the second man
hollers barkeep bring us another round and a shot of your best Irish
Whiskey
for me and my friend here. Afterwards the first man asks from where in
Dublin
and the second man responds with the street and the first man says well
I'll
be - so am I and yells barkeep another pair of beers and Irish Whiskey for
the pair of us.

The phone behind the bar rings and the barkeep answers it. The owner of the

pub asks - how is business. The barkeep responds - not too bad - The
O'Malley
twins are here getting drunk again.

Brad