[Rhodes22-list] Eau Claire

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 19:57:08 EST 2007

Rummy

I'm a project mgr for a company that manufactures industrial barcode
scanning equipment.  My group iintegrates our equipment with that of other
vendors, conveyors, etc to provide automated "solutions".   Was in Eau
Claire to do a site survey at the Menards distribution center...  we put in
some automation in their Plano IL center for unloading trucks from their
vendors, decoding vendor barcodes, applying the cartons to fill store
orders, auto applying the appropriate shipping labels to the cartons, and
sending them on their merry way.  Now they want some of the same done in Eau
Claire.

Plano is the last bit of civiliization heading west out of chicago - was
there a couple of months last winter....    cold and windy to say the least.
My first trip to Eau Claire was at that time - drove up from Plano, hitting
a winter storm and darkness for the last half of the trip.  Will not do that
again.

Flew in this time "on my way" from memphis to PA.

Both times was only for a day visit.....  no time to absorb what the area
might have to offer.

If I end up back there for the install this spring/summer, I'll be sure to
get with you for recommendations on things to do and see (and always in
search of good "locals" places to eat.)

Bob M