[Rhodes22-list] Eau Claire

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 16:27:47 EST 2007

Bud..

we don't actually make barcodes... we use them, print them, decode them,
etc. with the scanners and cameras that we make.  There are two basic types
of "funky" (2 dimensional or "2d") barcodes... matrix and stacked.  We can
decode any of them.  Stacked is basically tiny vertical codes stacked on top
on each other to make up one code...  PDF417 is the most common of this
type.

Matrix is the real funky one  - the most common being maxicode (with the
"bull's eye" in the center - used in UPS labels)

We use cameras to read the the matrix barcodes (as opposed to laser
scanners)

there are pretty detailed descriptions on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF417

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaxiCode

if you want more detailed info, let me know

bob mellor

Bob,
  does your company manufacture just the standard vertical "bar" codes,
or does your company make those funky pattern barcodes?  What are
the funky barcodes called, and where might I find more information on them?

Thanks!
Bud Connor
Melbourne, FL