[Rhodes22-list] ATTN - Bob Mellor, Almost Flying

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:22:24 EST 2007

Bob,

That cantankerous bitch, otherwise know affectionately as N4451V, wouldn't
start today in 50F weather without a pre-heat. I moved her from Olive
Branch, MS to the old Millington Naval Base north of Memphis today to her
new hangar.  She runs perfect once she starts and is the best flying
aircraft I've ever had the pleasure of caressing.  The next step is to
change the spark plugs to 'fine wire' units.  They're about three times as
expensive but I've gotten good feedback from those who have switched.  We'll
take a tour of 'greater' Memphis on your next trip and hopefully the
simulator will be available.  That's an open invitation to all. We're going
to Destin, FL next week, I'm taking 51V to Gulfport the middle of the month,
and then Fan has cruise trip planned to Alaska.  Somewhere in the middle of
all that the poor neglected 'CoraShen' needs taken through her paces.

Thank goodness for May, I need some spool-down time. I'm flying to Paducah
early May to have 51V looked over by the experts and then plan on emptying
Anne's fridge.

Hey ya'all, ever heard of the Memphis in May festival?  It's probably the
most famous BBQ contest and one of the largest music concerts in the
country.  We have a room or at least a map to the nearest Motel 6.

Brad