[Rhodes22-list] Transporting w/ 9.9

b.ivers at att.net b.ivers at att.net
Mon Mar 5 18:18:14 EST 2007

  Lately I have been wondering about the weight of the four- stroke yamaha 9.9 and the GB motor hoist. We trailer everywhere we go, and put on 1000 to 1500 mi per year.
  I would remove the engine to transport if it was not such a brute to handle. So it stays fastened to the GB  motor mount. Another reason I leave it on is the  trailer springs and tires remove  most of the shock of less than perfact roads. At least this is what I see in the rear view mirror.
  One other reason I believe it is ok to leave motor on the mount  is I take a line  ant tie one end off on the stern cleats, loop around  the lower part of the motor, ( above the prop) and tie off on the opposite stern cleat. Then tighten until it is tight, but not too tight.
  Lighter two stroke motors have an advantage here. Just wondering what the rest of you are doing with the heavier four strokes?    Barry