[Rhodes22-list] answering machine message (humor)

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 13:50:17 EST 2007

I can atttest that this is not too far from the truth!

elle

SCHOOL ANSWERING MACHINE

(This is hilarious - no  wonder some people were
offended!)

This is the message that the  Pacific Palisades High
School ( California )
staff voted  unanimously to record on their school
telephone
answering machine.
This is the actual answering machine  message for the
school.
This came about because they implemented a policy
requiring students and parents  to be responsible for
their children's  absences and missing homework.
Theschool and teachers are being sued * by  parents
who want their  children's failing grades changed to
passing grades  - even though those children  were
absent 15-30 times during the  semester and did not
complete enough schoolwork to pass their  classes.

The outgoing message:

"Hello! You have reached  the automated answering
service of
your school. In order to assist you  in connecting to
the right staff member, please listen to all the
options before  making a selection as the options have
recently changed :

To  lie about why your child is absent - Press 1

To make excuses for  why your child did not do his
work- Press 2
To complain about what we  do - Press 3

To swear at staff members - Press 4

To ask why  you didn't get information that was
already enclosed in
your newsletter  and several flyers mailed to you -
Press 5

If you want us to raise  your child - Press 6

If you want to reach out and touch, slap or  hit
someone -Press 7

To request another teacher, for the third time  this
year -Press 8

To complain about bus transportation - Press  9

To complain about school lunches - Press 0

If you  realize this is the real world and your child
must  be accountable
and responsible for his/her own behavior, class  work,
homework and
that it's not the teachers' fault for your child's
lack of effort:
Hang up and have a nice day!

If you want this in  Spanish, you must be in the wrong
country.

If you can read this - thank a  teacher!
If you are reading it in English - thank a  veteran!

('Lady in Red')  1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 Watermusic