[Rhodes22-list]"The Band" was Define: Lee Helm

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 10 08:34:34 EST 2007

Levon is still playing with various pick-up bands and friends.
  He overcame throat cancer in the late 90's, recovered his voice,
and is
back on stage. He has hosted a set of "midnight rambles" in Woodstock
with friends and family.  He has a long-running feud with Robertson,
who has the rights to most of the Band songs.  He feels cheated out
of the
rights to songs that were really collaborative efforts.

Ron