[Rhodes22-list] Next photo mystery - VHF antenna?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sun Mar 11 14:25:47 EDT 2007

At 11:59 AM 3/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>John,
>Your Metz antennae is what's known as a base loaded antennae. There is
>supposed to be a wire whip antennae which I believe screws on to the
>base.  Many
>people also use the whip to mount a Windex wind indicator.

OK, thanks.  I'll search around in the cabin and see if it's
there.  Is this something you can pick up at your local Radio Shack
or does it have to come from Metz and match the system?  Can I
unscrew the one from my dead '85 Blazer and use that?  ;-)

Also FYI - there is a separate whip for the Windex.  You can see that
whip in the photo.

Cheers!

John Lock