[Rhodes22-list] Source of water in bilge?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Mar 14 13:51:07 EDT 2007

At 12:26 PM 3/14/2007 -0400, Hank wrote:
>On my boat, the water from the lazerette drains into the cabin as I remove
>water from the cabin, but at a really slow pace.  There should be a
>connecting drain hose, that is glassed in, between the two.  So, if you are
>draining the water out of the bilge with a bilge pump, it may take awhile
>for the water from the lazerette to equalize again, so you may not
>immediately notice a drop in the level in the lazerette.  You might want to
>re-check and ensure that the water isn't coming from the lazerette.

I'm going to pump out the lazarette this afternoon with a hand
pump.  Poking around in there yesterday I didn't see anything obvious
connecting them.  But there was one fitting right under the center of
the cockpit that I couldn't figure out where it went.  It may have
some leaves and crud trapped in it and if it's connected thru it may
be filtering water in slowly.  Time and more water removal will tell.

Cheers!

John Lock