[Rhodes22-list] Political ecology - You can't change just one thing in a system

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:36:36 EDT 2007

Bob,

Let's blow through all the bullshit and cut to the chase!  Your points are
on target, especially the ones about the Islamic adolescents.  Where we
disagree is the "shooting mosquito's with shotguns".  It took a major effort
on our part to teach the Japs not to go raping the Chinese and the Germans
to quit taking France, again.  Perhaps Iraq wasn't the best first choice in
the Islamic world to pick a fight, but fight them we will.  What is at stake
is whether Western civilization will prevail or not.  If you're a betting
man, you have to give good odds to the Chinese.  They made their corrections
for the little 50 year experiment with communism but they are kicking the
world's ass right now.  They also have huge environmental problems.  We can
and should do our part not to soil our little spot on the globe, but the
real environmental battleground is India and China.  As long as the Middle
East controls the drug trade (OIL) we western world addicts will have to put
up with an occasional broken window. Burning energy that was created by
ancient sunshine, fixed in amount, and located in unfriendly places is a
pretty stupid idea.  Oh yeah, don't forget that global warming scare thing!

Nukes anyone!  Hello?

Brad