[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake Bay get together this summer ??

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 20:28:32 EDT 2007

Art, et al,

Having a Chessie get together is a grand idea.

What you might want to do first is determine what kind
of event you want to have.....that will dictate the
'where' of the event, and perhaps also the timing. How
long? A weekend? A weekend plus part of a week?

Summer is not a good time...too hot & no wind.
Probably too late for spring...so you're left with
fall. OK, so the timing thing is done.

Boat show is in Oct; if you wantd to tie in with the
boat show, what would that be? Annapoils & environs is
chaotic, but a bit farther south are some places that
have good anchorages & close-by towns for whatever.

If you want to  make a fleet of R-22's to race, there
is a huge charity event just off the Rappahannock in
the lower Bay-the Turkey Shoot Regatta that is
restricted to boats/designs 25 years old or older. The
R-22 qualifies. Same weekend as the Annapolis Boat
Show (Columbus Day weekend.)

Those of us on & near the Bay can give good advice
once  we know what is of interest to the Rhodies.

Lots more thoughts but this is a start.

elle

--- "Arthur H. Czerwonky" <czerwonky at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Ben,
> You know, we could do one for the panhandle area and
> another for the Chesapeake.
> It looks like my NOLA trip will be about May 10th
> timeframe. Will you be around?
> Art

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Watermusic"   (Lady in Red)