[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of the Chesapeake...

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 15:29:25 EDT 2007

John,,

Thanks for the heads-up on the show...watching extreme
sailing is always fun.

I was on a photo shoot this AM w/some folks who have
sailed these waters longer than I have trod this
earth....they were less than effusive .... a fair amt
of the footage in the show was shot in locales other
than the Bay...we did not have such severe weather at
the time the Volvo boats came to Baltimore ....and one
scene purporting to show spring weather actually was a
shot taken during the Oct. boat show.

Other than that, the WC didn't say much other than to
keep repeating that the Bay has severe weather
sometimes....& show a few establishing shots of Thos
Pt light , the Bay bridge, & the Naval Acad boats.

Entertaining... but not factual.

One interesting piece was the interview with the guy
who started Sailflow.com. That's a great site for
checking out the wind before going out.

elle

--- Leland <LKUHN at cnmc.org> wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for the notice.  Lots of extreme sailing
> footage.  Spoke well of
> sailors versus others on the water.  Interesting for
> any sailor, but had
> some nice trivia for those who sail the Chesapeake
> (if the shoreline were
> straight, it would go from New York to Hong Kong).
>
> I heard they would be playing it again, but I don't
> know when.  Gotta get me
> TiVo.
>
> Went sailing with a friend and his six-year old
> daughter yesterday.  She
> seemed like the girly timid type and I was concerned
> about too much heeling
> in the high winds.  I was a little surprised when
> she took the helm and
> tried to bury the rail.  She assured me that she has
> been sailing all of her
> life!
>
> Lee
> 1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
> Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)
>

> jlock wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > In case y'all aren't Weather Channel junkies like
> me, tune in Sunday
> > night at 9:00pm ET for "Epic Conditions, Sailing
> the
> > Chesapeake"  http://epic.weather.com/
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > John Lock
> > ?????? - '79 Rhodes 22
> > Lake Sinclair, GA

> Nabble.com.

> www.rhodes22.org/list

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Watermusic"   (Lady in Red)