[Rhodes22-list] Kansas City

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:53:47 EDT 2007

Slim,

Went to the Plaza for the first time in 1984, the year they changed the
taste of Coke.  My then short lived boss was the Chairman of the Coca-Cola
Bottlers Association.  They were about a week or so into the "New Coke" and
the trip was very unpleasant.  Second trip - circa 1994, I flew a good jet
to KC to replace a broken one and babysat the broken one for two days.  I
led (misled) my crew to the Plaza and closed it down.  In an attempt to flag
down a cab, I waved at the first car that approached with a light on top.
Whoops!  The female cop wasn't impressed with my ability to jump into the
middle of the street at 2 am.  We survived the experience  and I've always
had a special place in my heart for the city ever since.  Hope your stay is
just as enjoyable!

Brad