[Rhodes22-list] A Global Intelligence Briefing For CEOs

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:15:31 EDT 2007

Robert,

This has to be short and sweet because we have company coming over soon, a
small part of our community.  If you must know - a minister and his Chinese
wife but that doesn't matter.  You hit some salient points.  Poor people
breed faster than wealthy people.  That is a fact.  I am the product of two
grandparents who both had families of twelve.  If you told them they were
poor they'd punch your lights out!  They didn't measure their wealth by the
width of their TV screen or the speed of their car.  We live in a society
where people watch TV and see people driving Mercedes and living in
mega-size houses and think they are poor.  Never mind  that they have a 36"
TV and are driving a damn nice Toyota.  Everything is relative.  We in the
US are very generous people.  The folks who scream racism and class the most
are those who have a vested interest in the issue continuing.

Here's the deal;  give me one deserving kid who is smart with good work
ethic, who can't afford to go to college - I'll house him, find him a job
with a company that will pay for his education, and give him a damn good
paying job when he graduates.  My golf partner's company will offer a much
better deal than I can.

It has been a long time since I read "Watership Down" but I still remember
the storyline.  If someone offers you meals for life they probably have good
control over your life.

Brad