[Rhodes22-list] Registration numbers on a Red boat

Jay Friedland jsail1 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 29 09:33:16 EDT 2007

Elle,
Fwiw, block, correctly spaced, is the only acceptable format for
registration numbers, per Chapman's Piloting, 65th ed. p64, and CG
Aux. "Vessel Safety Check" specs-

"Boat Registration Numbers - Make sure your registration numbers are
permanently attached to both sides of the forward half of the boat.
The numbers should be in 3-inch, plain, block letters, and in a
contrasting color from the hull. The state decals must be placed
correctly in accordance with your state’s boating registration
regulations."

I just came across it after your posting, and need to change mine
(block, but serif). You can save your creativity for almost all other
areas to make it personal. Chiming in with others, your boat is a
looker. Enjoy it. I'm starting my 18th year sailing an R22, and it
still feels like there's so much more to learn.
Jay