[Rhodes22-list] Any Jersey Sailors on da'list

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:32:16 EDT 2007

Well, I've thought about doing it before, but today was the first time!  I
was cruising down the Atlantic City toll road, paid my two bucks to get on,
and then came to the toll booth at my exit - exact change or pass?  Well I
definitely wasn't pass so I pulled into the other lane and fumbled for
change. I had no change,  what to do?  If I throw a dollar it will just gum
up the works and won't register anyway.  There were cars lining up behind me
so I made a throwing motion and sped off.  How much trouble am I in?  They
can have the car, it belongs to Avis.  This is the dumbest ideal I've ever
heard of, tolls for 50 cents with no one to collect it - charging to take a
dump makes sense, but why don't you just raises taxes some more and be done
with it!  If any of you are in New Jersey law enforcement, I plead guilty
right now, I did it and I'm guilty as hell.

Tomorrow I'm driving to Cape May to see my youngest son graduate from US
Coast Guard basic training.  Trust me, I'll have plenty of change on hand.

Brad