[Rhodes22-list] Rummy's Packers - and Robert's redskins

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu May 3 17:12:46 EDT 2007

Couldn't agree more about the fan-milking (to put
it politely).

We have had Skins tickets since '37.  We used to
have 6 tix on the 50-yard line in the mez at RFK
stadium.  We could get popcorn or a hot dog
without standing in the rain.

When the owner built the new "Jack Kent Cook"
stadium in "Raljon" Maryland, we were assigned 6
seats up in the nosebleed section, one of which
was behind a metal screen.

It was so bad that the Washington Post sports
section ran a picture taken from it on the front
of the section.  I missed the runback of the
kickoff on the first game because I couldn't see
the endzone.

We were offered seats at the same altitude as
those which we had had at RFK - for three times
the money.

We kept 2 tickets (for sentimental reasons) for
he rare occasion when we are in Washington and
the weather is decent, but turned the other 4 in.

We are shifting our loyalties gradually to the
Patriots, and expect that we will let the last
two Skins tix go in a year or so.

Robert, disgusted ex-Redskin fan in Maine