[Rhodes22-list] here is the original polisihing sequence post

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Thu May 10 18:27:31 EDT 2007

ask.com  search:                 oxidation site:www.rhodes22.org

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2003-November/011397.html

subject : Oxidation of hull gelcoat color

text:

If your currently don't look like Popeye, you will be when you're done with
this procedure. RumRunner had the same proplem with her otherwise gorgeous
hull
this spring after having much work done to her bottom. I used a three step
procedure using McGuire's products. I started off with the #49, heavy duty
oxidation remover with a wool superbuff compound pad on a 1/2" electric
variable
speed drill. After that I used #45 and then finished off with #56 which is
almost pure carnuba wax. She looks great six months later. The trick is to
be sure
to use the oxidation remover (I used it twice) to get rid of the white stuff
and be sure to follow thru with all three steps.
I wasn't kidding about looking like Popeye when you're done, this is really
hard on the arms, especially near the bow where you are holding the drill at
or
above you eye level.
Good luck and have plenty of rum on hand for the pain. I am available for
any
further questions regarding this procedure as I am a certified sore arm
professional. CSAP

Rummy

  However, I challenge you to find me a copy of Captain Rummy's method
posted under the correct subject heading.  If you do, first make a copy for
yourself, then post location thereof with correct subject line...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
 Addendum:
http://www.nabble.com/file/8297/hagar%202.gif hagar 2.gif