[Rhodes22-list] Penetrol

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Thu May 10 22:59:55 EDT 2007

I've tried penetrol, and it works on some things. I've had good luck with
putting it on the outside of the hull,really brings out the shine, but you
have to have the gelcoat really clean or you trap the uglys in that shine.I
haven't had any luck putting it on the cockpit or the deck,or gunnels. It's
seems to discolor the gelcoat in spots that get a lot of UV,air
pollution,and suntan oil.I tried it on a 18 year old Rhodes,where I didn't
want to grind away anymore gelcoat with polishing.I don't think I'd try it
on any thing less than 15 years old, and then only do the hull.

Jerry Lowe