[Rhodes22-list] Hull finishes, Wax, Poli-Glow etc. was Re: Why wax?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 11 11:52:45 EDT 2007

In discussing what we use on our hulls it might be a good idea to
identify what's on the exterior of our hulls. Poli-Glow evidently
works on gelcoats (although I've seen mixed reports - maybe an
application issue) and so would work on older unrecycled R22s with
gelcoat finished hulls. The 2-part paint applied in a spray booth to
new hulls and most if not all recycled boats is a different animal
requiring different care. As I've stated before, ours still looks
good (other than a few nicks) after 8 seasons of sailing. No wax, no
fuss, no muss. This year we did have some ugly dirt issues (still
don't know what it was) from storage over the winter. Soap and water
wouldn't touch it so we ended up (after testing a small spot and
crossing our fingers) using the Collinite cleaner which we like very
much for deck cleaning. It worked well. We rubbed gently and rinsed
the now clean hull immediately.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD