[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Cockpit cushion dimensions

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 15:46:47 EDT 2007

Mary Lou,

  It's called Fifertex. For info check Sailrite.com....

  Go w/GBI, John...gotta support the franchise...

  elle

Mary Lou Troy <mtroy at atlanticbb.net> wrote:
  Welcome John and congratulations on your new boat!

The good news is you are buying a Rhodes 22. The bad news is that
nothing is a straight line on a Rhodes 22 including the cockpit
seats. Our cockpit cushions which we bought used but in good shape
from General Boats are wider at one end than the other and have a
very slight curve to fit the seats. The third cushion (which goes
over the lazarrette) is the exception that proves the rule and seems
to be a plain trapezoidal shape. I think you would be best off
drawing a pattern from your seats or from the cushions of a fellow
Rhodie. By the way the cushions that GB sells are a wonderful mesh
fabric that stays cool and cleans up easily. If we ever replace ours
(and we will have to one of these days as the piping is starting to
get a bit ragged), we'll go with the same stuff - whatever it is.

Best of luck
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD

At 01:05 PM 5/11/2007, you wrote:
>Hello list ..... allow me to introduce myself
>
>My name is John Taaffe out of Tuckerton NJ
>i am in the process of purchasing a rebuilt Rhodes 22 from General
>Boats and will be sailing from GEB Marina on Tuckerton Creek
>The boat should be ready by mid June and i hope to have it in the
>water shortly after that
>
>i am planning to have 3 cockpit cushion made by a local upholstry shop
>
>Can anyone help me with the dimensions of the standard 3 piece set
>that is offered by General Boat?
>
>Thanks and looking forward to meeting the other Rhodes 22 boat
>owners in the Barneget Bay area
>
>John Taaffe
>5/10/2007 5:10 PM

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)